ELLUC Projects are seeking a senior civil design engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for detailed design of civil infrastructure, including drainage, roads and sewer systems for new build residential projects. You will be working with multiple clients across the country and represent the business at project meetings ensuring timely delivery of agreed solutions. You will liaise with outside parties including highways and sewer authorities and utility services companies to provide cost-effective solutions for our clients whilst working on AutoCAD, PDS and micro drainage.
- Have experience working within the industry.
- Assess customer’s requirements through site visits and/ or the customer’s schedule to provide a value engineered solution.
- Completing designs for civil engineering works on highways and drainage.
- Must be compliant with section 278, 38, 104 or 106.
- Produce drawings to customer requirements or by converting estimating drawings, providing accurate calculations, ensuring drawings comply with legislative and company requirements and procedures.
- Attend customer meetings to present solutions and discuss proposals.
- Provide briefings on drawings to the operations team.
- Provide advice and support during the erection process on engineering issues.
- Oversee the process from an engineering viewpoint including conducting site visits to inspect complex structures to ensure they are constructed to the drawing/design.
- Ensure that designs are in line with health and safety.
- Revise drawings or advice if required according to changes in the customer specification or site conditions.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks are carried out efficiently.
- Ensure familiarisation with best practice and industry guidance and implement as appropriate.
- Provide support to the training and coaching of new members of the design team.
- Support and promote a team culture and company values.
- AutoCAD skills essential.
- ONC or degree in construction or civil engineering.
- Relevant experience of construction design, including microdrainage.
- Maths/trigonometry and general numeracy skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Ability to read and understand engineering plans and section details.
ELLUC Projects will offer the right candidate a market leading salary and benefits package with employees rewarded for loyalty and their contribution towards growing the business. A comprehensive remuneration package will be offered dependent on experience, including:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Salary – competitive market salary.
- 20 days annual leave, rising to 22 after 2 years complete service plus 5 days holiday for Christmas shutdown period.
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Internal/ external training.
- Industry-leading career progression within one of Europe’s fastest growing companies.
|Job Category||Civil Engineering|